Pinterest has been an incredibly fast growing platform since its launch, and can be a powerful sales tool for many brands.
Here’s a guide to setting up a Pinterest profile for businesses.
1. Go to http://www.pinterest.com
2. Enter your email address and a password in the assigned areas in the text box, then click “Sign up”.
Pinterest gives you the option of signing up with Facebook, but for a business account, we suggest signing up with email. Linking your accounts will mean everything you post on Pinterest will show up on Facebook, which is overkill. You’ll also link it to your private account, which is not what you want.
3. On the next page, choose “Continue as a business” at the bottom of the text box.
4. Pinterest will ask you to define your business type. There are several options in the drop down box. You can change this at a later date, so don’t worry about getting it right.
They will also ask you for the contact details of the person that will be managing the account. You will then need to fill out your profile details, such as business name, bio, username, and your website. Make your profile more searchable by using key words to describe your business in your About section. Your username must be 3-15 characters.
5. Accept the terms and conditions, then click “Create account”.
6. Pinterest will then ask you to pick topics you are interested in. These should be relevant to your brand – they will be what shows up in your home feed and what you will most likely repin from. Other users can see who you follow, so it shouldn’t be anything that’s way off from what your brand represents. You can follow more boards or unfollow boards at anytime.
7. Once that’s done, your account is set up! Pinterest will offer some information to help get you started and promote your Pinterest account.
8. Before you do that, however, you should finish off your profile by adding a profile photo. Do that by hovering over the pin image where your profile picture will be, and clicking “Change Picture”.
9. Now you can start creating boards and pinning content! Pinterest will send you an email outlining Pinterest basics, and more information on using Pinterest for business.