Once you have your personal Google+ account, you can create your Business Page.
1. Open your personal Google+ account. You should be able to do this from any Google platform, as long as you are logged in. This includes Google search and Gmail.
If you’re logged in, in the top right hand corner you’ll see a circle with your profile photo. To the left of that will be a + symbol and your name. Click on this to launch your Google+ page.
2. Once you’re on your personal page, hover over the drop down menu in the top left. It should say “Home”, but you’ll have plenty of other options once you hover over it. Click “Pages”.
3. This will bring you to a video about why having a Google+ page will benefit you. Watch it if you like, and then click the blue button that says, “Get your page”.
4. Next, choose your business type. For our example, we will choose “Brand”.
5. Fill in your Page name (your business name), your website, and the type of page you want. You can change your Page name three times in a calendar year, but once you reach a certain amount of followers, you will not be able to change the name. So make sure you get it right.
Read through the Pages Terms, check the box to say you have done so, then click “Create Page” at the bottom of the screen.
6. Your Page has been created. Google will take you through a quick tour to let you know how to make the most of your Page.
7. The first step is to complete your business information. Click “Edit” on your profile. This should be on the current screen.
If you have moved away from that screen, you can always make changes to your profile by clicking “About”, which is located under your profile and cover images on your Business Page profile. Then you’ll see the sections you can edit.
Choose a profile image – your logo is the best option here. Next, choose a cover photo. This is much like your Facebook cover photo, so think along the same lines.
Then add in contact details. There are several options for the details you can include, so think about how you’d like your customers to contact you. You can also choose to make this information private or skip it entirely. If you go to the drop down menu below the contact information, you can choose who sees the information.
Next, add in a short bio about your brand, so that people know they’ve come to the right place. Then a tagline that people will see when they see a snapshot of your profile. Make it appealing and also clear about what your business does, so that people will want to click through to your profile.
8. After that, configure your settings. This covers a range of options, such as notifications, and how public your Page is. You can also narrow down your audience and choose who sees your posts. If you plan on posting content that may not be suitable for all audiences, you can restrict the age of people who can see your Page. You can also let Google+ know if you will be posting alcohol-related material.
In settings you can also add managers. Much like adding an admin to a Facebook Page, this is so others can help look after your Page.
Settings are available at all times in the drop down menu in the top left of the screen. This menu will also allow you to move between your profile and your stream.
9. You are now ready to post and connect. Find other brands to follow and interact with, and start implementing your strategy. Here are some tips to help you get started.